Beside the production of military and civil aircraft, the Sokol aircraft plant organizes flights in MiG-29 and MiG-31 fighter-jets, for tourists, both from home and abroad. These flights are carried out with the permission of the Russian Government. Sokol Aircraft plant was established in 1932, in Nizhny Novgorod ( formerly Gorky ). During the last 40 years, it became one of the leading companies of the aero-space industry in Russia. It produced more than 43,000 aircraft. The plant has manufactured about 13,500 combat aircraft over last 45 years; the most famous of them were the MiG-21 and MiG-29UB and were exported to more than 30 countries.
This is a strong program for real cosmonauts with the aim to show you as much as possible from the space launch program.
The special «Space Training» flight profile of the MiG-29 should be the following:
Vertical Take of on Runway with Afterburner with high thrust, speed nearby 600km/h;
Acceleration on the Edge of Space to 22.000m with max. Velocity;
Low level flight over the runway, speed acceleration on ca. 960 km/h;
Vertical Climb on 9.000 m (Simulated take off Rocket Launch Vechile);
“Slow Roll” Manoeuvre (Simulated weightlessness) and parabolic flight path;
Speed acceleration on high speed (min MACH 1.4);
“G-Ex” Manoeuvre, acceleration on 3G, then absolutely very fast on 5.5G;
Descent from 9.000m on 1.500m with a G pull (permanently during the descent of 3.5G) – simulated re-entry of RLV;
Descent flight back to the airbase (Descent profile demonstration);
If you want to try something new and to forecast the future of space tourism now — our new Space training flight in MiG-29 is for you!
Such tours are individual as flights to real space. You can be a member of a closed club of persons, who follow the route to the stars. And maybe in the future we will hear your name at mass-media as a name of a next cosmonaut!
Try the elements of Suborbital flight now and the space will be closer to you in the nearest future!
Price-list in euro
|Flight Duration||Quantity of person|
|Aerobatics trip in MiG-29 (25 min)||EUR 12,500|
|Aerobatics trip in MiG-29 (45 min)||EUR 14,500|
|Aerobatic + Edge of Space trip in MiG-29||EUR 17,500|
- preparation of official clearances to visit «Sokol» Aviation Plant and perform the flight onboard a jet fighter;
- transfers in a business class vehicle between your hotel and Sokol Airbase (whole day);
- preflight preparation at Sokol;
- medical check;
- providing flight suit and special equipment – oxygen mask and helmet (for Edge of space flight); EUR 17,500
- support staff (150 people);
- MiG-29 flight depending on program;
- services of guide-translator (English, German, Spanish, French or Italian);
- photos with the pilot of the MiG-29;
- personal certificate on flight performance;
- visit to of Sokol Plant Aviation Museum;
- Professional Photos and Video of your entire visit and flight – 600 Euro
- Additional Helmet Camera – 300 Euro
- NEW OPTION! Rent of Helicopter Robinson R44 from Moscow to Nizhniy Novgorod — 4500 euro Time of Flight is about 2 hours.
- Personal Flight Suit with your name to take home – 300 Euro